With this app "Remote Control for Sony TV" you can use your smartphone to control your Sony TV.
You can choose between network (WiFi / WiFi Direct / LAN) IP control or infrared (IR) control.
★ Infrared (IR) control
Works on phones and tablets with built-in IR blaster (infrared port) such as Samsung Galaxy S series until S6, HTC ONE, LG G3/G4/G5, Xiaomi Mi / Redmi / Note, Huawei Mate / Honor and many more.
No setup required. No WiFi required. It's ready to use (no need for pairing with the TV).
– Tested on Samsung Galaxy series (S4 / S5 / S6 and Note phones and tablets excluding Galaxy S7 & S8 which do not have IR hardware) running on original Android 4.4+ firmware (not CM/LineageOS).
– Also works on some older Samsung devices running on Android 4.1 – 4.2.2
– Please note that you must point your phone’s IR blaster directly at the TV. Usual working range is 4-10ft (1-3 meters, max ~5 meters).
– With some phones in power saving mode or with almost empty battery the IR blaster might not work or range is less then 5ft (2 meters).
★ Network IP control (WiFi / WiFi Direct / LAN).
– Make sure the Sony TV that you want to use is turned [On].
– Make sure your mobile device and TV are connected to the same local/home network.
– When registering/pairing a Bravia TV, make sure that "Remote Device" / "Renderer" in the settings of TV is set to [On].
– If you have refused the registering/pairing confirmation message on your TV, then you can change your selection later in TV's settings (usually it's located at HOME / Settings -> Network -> Home Network Setup -> Remote Device -> Remote Device List).
– If the TV was not found, then it is also possible to enter the TV's IP address manually. To find out you TV IP address go to TV [ Settings ] / [ Network ].
List of compatible TVs:
XBR-HX92 series, KDL-HX92 series, KDL-HX82 series, KDL-HX72 series, KDL-NX72 series, KDL-EX72 series, KDL-EX62 series, KDL-EX52 series, KDL-EX42 series, KDL-EX32 series, KDL-CX52 series, KDL-CX40 series
XBR-X90x series, KD-X900x series, XBR-HX95 series, KDL-HX95 series, KDL-HX85 series, KDL-HX75 series, KDL-NX65 series, KDL-EX75 series, KDL-EX65 series, KDL-EX55 series, KDL-EX54 series
XBR-X90xA series, XBR-X85xA series, KD-X900xA series, KD-X850xA series, KDL-W95xA series, KDL-W90xA series, KDL-W85xA series, KDL-W80xA series, KDL-W70xA series, KDL-W67xA series, KDL-W65xA series, KDL-W60xA series, KDL-S99xA series
XBR-X95xB series, XBR-X90xB series, XBR-X85xB series, KD-X95xxB series, KD-X90xxB series, KD-X85xxB series, KD-X83xxC series, KD-X80xxB series, KDL-W95xB series, KDL-W92xA series, KDL-W90xB series, KDL-W85xB series, KDL-W83xB series, KDL-W8xxB series, KDL-W7xxB series, KDL-W6xxB series, KDL-W5xxA series
XBR-X94xC series, XBR-X93xC series, XBR-X91xC series, XBR-X90xC series, XBR-X85xC series, XBR-X83xC series, XBR-X80xC series, KD-X94xxC series, KD-X93xxC series, KD-X91xxC series, KD-X90xxC series, KD-X85xxC series, KD-X83xxC series, KD-X80xxC series, KDL-W95xC series, KDL-W85xC series, KDL-W80xC series, KDL-W75xC series, KDL-W70xC series, KDL-W600A series
*KDL-W/WD, KLV-W Series (2016 model) are not compatible (except for KDL-W800D/W950D).
*KD-X Series (2017 model) are not compatible.
The purpose is not to replace the original TV remote, but this app is handy in emergency situations (original remote is lost, empty batteries etc).
If this app doesn't work with your phone or TV then feel free to e-mail me (your exact TV and phone model). Then I can try to add support for your phone or/and TV model.
This app is NOT affiliated with or endorsed by Sony Corporation. Sony is a trademark of Sony Corporation.